Senior Support Engineer
iGrafx is looking for a talented senior support engineer in our Tualatin office to augment our team of support engineers. You will be helping to ensure our customer support experience is world-class. You will monitor our support queue and handle incidents so that we don’t breach our SLA commitments. This will entail working with customers to diagnose issues during installation, deployment and usage. You will also program scripts that target REST APIs and work with other scripting languages. On any given day, issues might be related to configuring Single Sign-On, importing information via LDAP, writing SQL scripts, debugging log files and helping a customer configure a proxy server.
The Professional Services Team for EMEA will welcome you as a resource of profound knowledge in the above areas. You will work closely with this team, which is capable of handling L1 and L2 support issues while directly interacting with customers onsite but requires your expertise on higher levels of support issues.
Our Core Values
At iGrafx, we believe in our people and what they represent. To that end, we are looking for like-minded individuals on a mission greater than bottom line results. We want people who are interested in making a difference in a small and growing organization.
If our core values resonate with you, this might just be the place for you.
Strategic Value of Role
- Own the customer’s support experience in Europe and ensure that our SLA agreements are met
- Manage best practices for support and continually improve the support process
- Create scripts and extensions to customize user experiences and drive customer satisfaction
- Ensure customers feel cared for and have a positive experience
What makes a great Senior Support Engineer at iGrafx?
- Troubleshooting Skills: Proficient at tracking down deployment issues in Java Application Servers; able to look through server log files and correctly diagnose issues; demonstrates patience coupled with a hunger to solve customer issues quickly; has great critical thinking and communication skills; utilizes strategic thinking to help improve the support process.
- Customer Focus: Owns the customer’s support journey and make sure it’s as smooth and frictionless as possible. The customer should always finish the process with the feeling that we cared about them and their issue.
- Execution: Works with customers and engineers to ensure support happens in a timely manner.
- Scripting and Programming Skills: Has a solid understanding of scripting languages and how to apply them to solve issues. Knows how to consume REST APIs and ETL like a boss.
- Track Record: Demonstrates performance over time; accumulates success stories with tangible results; understands essentials of success.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Provocative Thinking: Stimulates alternative ideas from the norm; challenges the status quo; brings ideas that are new to interactions; drives an actionable response by painting a picture of future possibilities; elevates tactical thinking to a macro-strategic level; challenges legacy ideals.
- Tenacity: Sticks to a plan; isn’t distracted by noise and friction; establishes a reputation for being tenacious; thinks creatively to avoid obstacles; overcomes adversity; manages goals relentlessly.
- Growing organization with increasing needs for great talent
- Opportunity to solve complex problems with major implications for the organization
Why consider this role?
- To be part of a world-class enterprise software company
- Global enterprise software with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Private equity-backed organization
- Work with highly motivated Sales, Product, and Operations leaders to deliver high quality support to customers
- Monitor the support queue; solve customer issues, escalating to engineering when necessary
- Exchange critical issues with the North American team at shift changes
- Continually improve the support process by automating steps and removing unnecessary steps.
- Write knowledge base articles to help customers solve their own issues
- Write scripts and custom extensions for customers and work with product management to productize useful offerings
- Support our customer advocates and professional services team to enable them to effectively sell the company’s solutions
- At least 3 years of demonstrated success supporting enterprise level software
- Deep expertise with Java Application Servers, proxies, LDAP and security techonolgies
- Demonstrated strong skills in process improvement, analytical problem solving, and data driven decision making
About iGrafxHow did iGrafx get to be an industry-leading provider of the most powerful suite of business process management and improvement solutions in the market?
In the beginning (circa 1991), Ken Carraher and Ed Maddock launched a start-up, AdvanEdge Technologies. Right out of Ken’s very own dining room, they worked together focusing on advanced process management solutions. Good friends with great ideas, Ken and Ed weren’t shy about expressing their opinions with each other (or anyone else within shouting distance) and digging in their heels for what they deemed crucial to turning out best-in-class products. Usually coming to the same conclusion, the result of such discussions lead to notable advancements in the BPM space, such as Optima!, the world’s first interactive graphical business process simulation tool.
Things were cooking now - fresh on the heels of an office expansion into the living room, a company called Micrografx came knocking with a lot to offer: A nifty, hot selling diagramming tool called FlowCharter, some knowledgeable folks with great experience in the space, and a sheer force in the marketplace, Armin Trautner, that could help spread the vision around the world.
Fast forward to 1999 and the iGrafx brand was born. Blending the great technology from Optima! with FlowCharter, the team produced the cutting-edge modeling product iGrafx FlowCharter and the next generation of process analysis and improvement, iGrafx Process.
A couple of mergers and a corporate spin-out later, the iGrafx team with their partners Lone Rock Technology Group are in the best position ever to help businesses by giving them the tools necessary to enable broad business process improvement initiatives and effective business process management capabilities within their organization.
Throughout our comprehensive suite of products and service offerings today that the iGrafx team hasn’t changed. We care about what we do, and continue to have a great passion for delivering the very best to our customers, helping them on their way to achieving process excellence.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: