10 Crucial Questions for Business Leaders Who Plan to Change and Improve Their Business in 2020
As a New Year’s gift to any leader who will attempt to change and improve his or her organization over the coming year, the PEX Network has pulled together the answers to 10 crucial questions. Specifically, ten of the most pervasive and challenging questions they regularly receive.
Back in December, Ian Hawkins, editor at PEX Network, interviewed Charlie Araujo, principal analyst at Intellyx, and Ed Maddock, founder and CTO at iGrafx and asked them for their candid insights, best practices, tips and tricks pertinent to successful business transformation. They covered quite a bit of ground in 22 minutes.
- What – really – is digital transformation?
- Is the customer actually in control?
- What’s the difference between digital transformation and business transformation?
- Is process fundamental to transformation?
- What real-world examples of digital/business transformation can you share?
- Why don’t businesses don’t always succeed with automation projects?
- Why do some transformations fail?
- Do businesses need a “ground control” to successfully transform?
- Is it culture or technology that drives transformation?
- How can businesses disrupt (or avoid disruption) in 2020?
Spoiler alert, some key themes emerged from the conversation… 1) digital transformation and business transformation are completely intertwined; 2) transformation isn’t a project; 3) a customer-first, process-early approach is way more important than technology; 4) a great transformation strategy is worthless if you can’t operationalize it; 5) and more.
All of the detail, along with several examples is here in the interview.
Please share your own perspectives. And if you’d like to chat with Ed, Charlie or Ian, I’m happy to make the introduction.