Our Backend Developers are responsible for product development and helping us design and build the next generation of iGrafx applications. In this role, you will be working as a developer, creating a Java based backend in an agile team that thrives on collaboration, and a desire to grow.
Candidate should be authorized to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Our Core Values
At iGrafx, we believe in our people and what they represent. To that end, we are looking for like-minded individuals on a mission greater than bottom line results. We want people who are interested in making a difference in a small and growing organization.
If our core values resonate with you, this might just be the place for you.
- Growing organization with increasing needs for great talent
- Extremely knowledgeable team leads that are excited to help their colleagues grow
- Exposure to new technologies and learning about current trends in cloud computing and software development.
- Ability to have a significant impact on our development process and practices.
Why should you consider this role?
- Contribute as a leader of a world-class enterprise software company
- Global enterprise software with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Private equity-backed organization
- Work with highly motivated Development and Product team members to deliver quality solutions to our customers
- Implement backend components in Java, using Spring MVC Framework, and leveraging industry best practices
- Design Rest API endpoints, to be consumed internally, and by our customers
- Work with Azure-based technologies to support cloud-based deployments, monitoring and security.
- Follow established processes from User Story inception through technical discussions, implementation, pull requests and code review feedback until its resolution.
- Design for our next generation application using test-driven development techniques.
- Actively participate on an Agile team, including daily stand-ups.
- Work closely and communicate well with the team to brainstorm ideas, collaborate within and across teams and drive tasks to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 1-3 years of experience developing backend for applications
- Be able to demonstrate expertise in Java and Spring
- Must have a good understanding of algorithms and Big-O notation
- Experience with Azure-based technologies
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Exposure to one or more of the following technologies
- MS SQL Server
- Apache Tomcat
- Mock testing frameworks (such as Mockito)
What makes a great Backend Developer at iGrafx?
- Agility: A good understanding of agile practices and the ability to work in such an environment. Participate in grooming meetings and provide product input, estimate required work in pointing sessions and provide insight into your current work status in daily standups.
- Consistent Output: Produce reliable code of our enterprise-level solution, with the ability to contribute a predictable amount of user story content and bugfixes in every sprint.
- Evolution: With technology constantly evolving, we are looking for someone who likes to evolve with us. We are regularly looking at how current trends in tech can improve our product and portfolio and as such, you can add to that knowledge.
- Like a Community and Transparency: These being two of our core values, we enjoy working together and collaborating in many aspects of the software development lifecycle. This means teaming up on complex problems, documenting findings when researching or implementing solutions, so they can be leveraged by others, and a general willingness to share knowledge.
- Desire for Growth: iGrafx is growing and as such we need and want you to grow. Be engaged in personal and professional growth initiatives within the company.
- Improvement Mindset: Today’s world does not wait on companies to catch up with it, so along with technical evolution, we need someone who is interested in improving general development processes, from CI to CD, to source code management and code quality. Your ideas on those improvements are always welcome.
- Eye for Quality: As our product evolves, we constantly need to stay at the high-quality level our customers expect. This means making sure our automated tests are reliable and cover sensible aspects of the code. In the agile mindset, this also means occasionally assisting our QA members with manual testing of our user stories to keep a predictable velocity.
iGrafx is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.