Our Core Values
At iGrafx, we believe in our people and what they represent. To that end, we are looking for like-minded individuals on a mission greater than bottom line results. We want people who are interested in making a difference in a small and growing organization.
If our core values (located here – http://www.igrafx.com/company/core-values) resonate with you, this might just be the place for you.
Strategic Value of Role
- Working with Product Management to improve the quality of our product by properly grooming our User Stories with technical and product knowledge input before the actual coding work begins.
- Help us drive a predictable development velocity by collaborating with team members, assist in removing programming impediments and push stories and bugs through their development lifecycle.
- Promote product security and quality by ensuring test coverage and constantly improving development procedures.
- Keep our Product and Development processes modern and agile by helping to introduce new software development techniques and cloud technologies in our company.
What makes a great Development/Operations Engineer at iGrafx?
- Agility: A good understanding of agile practices and the ability to work in such an environment. Participate in grooming meetings and provide product input, estimate required work in pointing sessions and provide insight into your current work status in daily standups.
- Consistent Output: Produce reliable code on the backend and frontend of our enterprise-level solution, with the ability to contribute a predictable amount of user story content and bug fixes in every sprint.
- Evolution: With technology constantly evolving, we are looking for someone who likes to evolve with us. We are regularly looking at how current trends in tech can improve our product and portfolio and as such, you can add to that knowledge.
- Like a Family and Transparency: These being two of our core values, we enjoy working together and collaborating in many aspects of the software development lifecycle. This means teaming up on complex problems, documenting findings when researching or implementing solutions, so they can be leveraged by others, and a general willingness to share knowledge.
- Desire for Growth: iGrafx is growing and as such we need and want you to grow. Be engaged in personal and professional growth initiatives within the company.
- Improvement Mindset: Today’s world does not wait on companies to catch up with it, so along with technical evolution, we need someone who is interested in improving general development processes, from CI to CD, source code management and quality gates. Your ideas on those improvements are always welcome.
- Eye for Quality: As our product evolves, we constantly need to stay at the high-quality level our customers expect. This means making sure our tests are automatable and reliable, cover sensible aspects of the code. In the agile mindset, this means occasionally assisting our QA members with manual testing of our user stories to keep a predictable velocity.p
- Growing organization with increasing needs for great talent
- Extremely knowledgeable team leads that are excited to help their colleagues grow
- Exposure to new technologies and learning about current trends in cloud computing
- Ability to have a significant impact on our development process and practices.
Why should you consider this role?
- Contribute as a leader of a world-class enterprise software company
- Global enterprise software with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Private equity-backed organization
- Work with highly motivated Development and Product team members to deliver quality solutions to our customers
- Actively participate on an Agile team, including daily stand-ups.
- Follow established processes from User Story inception through technical discussions, implementation, pull requests and code review feedback until its resolution.
- Write reusable code for our user stories and bug fixes, which can be tested and understood by current and future team members.
- Write unit and integration level tests for components and be able to document the purpose of each component.
- Design for our next generation application using test-driven development techniques
- Work closely and communicate well with the team to brainstorm ideas, create and meet deadlines, and drive tasks to completion.
- Implement User Interface Components based on mockups by using HTML/CSS leveraging existing guidelines.
- Exposure to one or more of the following technologies is helpful
- HTML5 / Canvas rendering
- Tomcat or other Java Application Servers
- REST API development
- Swagger or similar API documentation tool
- Mock testing frameworks
NOTE: US Citizens or Permanent Residents are encouraged to apply; please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship or visa transfer for this position. This is a Salaried/Permanent Employment position.
iGrafx is a recognized leader in delivering Business Process Management solutions. We help organizations model, improve, and manage processes and technologies that support, simplify, and automate their operations. iGrafx is a dynamic company with a start-up feel and tightly-knit team dedicated to producing unparalleled solutions for enterprise process modeling and analysis.
Please send your salary requirements, and resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org