The Director of North American Business Development will be responsible for planning and executing a strategy to grow revenue through indirect sales channels, accurately forecast that growth and manage the partner relationships to generate revenue.
Specifically, the role will focus on developing relationships with large global consulting firms, as well as use case specific business consulting and implementation partners in North America. Emphasis on role selection will be placed on individuals who have worked with big 4 consulting companies as well as industry-specific consulting partners.
Our Core Values
At iGrafx, we believe in our people and what they represent. To that end, we are looking for like-minded individuals on a mission greater than bottom line results. We want people who are interested in making a difference in a small and growing organization.
If our core values (located here) resonate with you, this might just be the place for you.
The role of BD Director will include:
- Identify, recruit and onboard new partners who align to iGrafx’s strategic objectives
- Manage to an annual and bookings revenue goal that supports the company’s aggressive growth objectives
- Ensure partner companies are enabled to sell iGrafx’s solutions effectively
- Work with partner community to understand the market and market needs of iGrafx customers in North America
- Develop and maintain a Partner Management process and program that exceeds our growth goals
- Work with NA Direct sales channel to ensure leads and opportunities are converted to revenue
What makes a great Director of BD at iGrafx?
- Partner Development Capability: Ability to identify, recruit and enable a growth-oriented partner community.
- Comprehensive Support of Partner Companies: Development of partner management plan; collaborate across departments in planning efforts; understanding of international needs and manners of the international partner countries.
- Communication Skills: You can articulate the strong value proposition of iGrafx effectively.
- Problem Solving: You can problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet.
- Business Acumen: You can “speak the language” and build credibility quickly with new business contacts.
- Executive Presence: Ability to communicate at an executive level; you can build relationships at the key buyer and influencer persona levels.
- Clock Speed: You learn new concepts very quickly.
- Hands-on mentality: Initiating and taking responsibility of projects to develop our partner accounts.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom lined oriented; pushes self and others for results.
- Tenacity: Sticking to a plan; thinking creatively to avoid obstacles.
- Growing Partner organization
- Opportunity to be a key position for the international approach and success of the organization
Why consider this role?
- Work in a small business where you can make a difference every day
- Global enterprise software company with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Direct report of the CEO
- Work with the world’s best logos and brands (banks, insurance, telecom, healthcare, etc.)
- Private equity-backed organization
- We “say no to politics” at iGrafx
- We have core values and we live by them
- Work with highly engaged teammates with over 4 centuries of expertise in helping customers solve complex business problems
- Be part of a team collectively working towards the common goal of creating shareholder value
- We’re in Austin, Portland and Munich. Who doesn’t want to work and visit these cities?
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in business development in enterprise software
- Experience/Relationships with big 4-type global consulting firms
- Proactive, organized and sales-oriented professional, capable of clearly positioning the value of iGrafx.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and superior problem-solving skills in order to successfully engage with internal and external stakeholders.
How did iGrafx get to be an industry-leading provider of the most powerful suite of business process management and improvement solutions in the market?
In the beginning (circa 1991), Ken Carraher and Ed Maddock launched a start-up, AdvanEdge Technologies. Right out of Ken’s very own dining room, they worked together focusing on advanced process management solutions. Good friends with great ideas, Ken and Ed weren’t shy about expressing their opinions with each other (or anyone else within shouting distance) and digging in their heels for what they deemed crucial to turning out best-in-class products. Usually coming to the same conclusion, the result of such discussions lead to notable advancements in the BPM space, such as Optima!, the world’s first interactive graphical business process simulation tool.
Things were cooking now – fresh on the heels of an office expansion into the living room, a company called Micrografx came knocking with a lot to offer: A nifty, hot selling diagramming tool called FlowCharter, some knowledgeable folks with great experience in the space, and a sheer force in the marketplace, Armin Trautner, that could help spread the vision around the world.
Fast forward to 1999 and the iGrafx brand was born. Blending the great technology from Optima! with FlowCharter, the team produced the cutting-edge modeling product iGrafx FlowCharter and the next generation of process analysis and improvement, iGrafx Process.
A couple of mergers and a corporate spin-out later, the iGrafx team with their partners Lone Rock Technology Group are in the best position ever to help businesses by giving them the tools necessary to enable broad business process improvement initiatives and effective business process management capabilities within their organization.
Throughout our comprehensive suite of products and service offerings today that the iGrafx team hasn’t changed. We care about what we do, and continue to have a great passion for delivering the very best to our customers, helping them on their way to achieving process excellence.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com