Our growing business is hiring a Product Manager to lead product initiatives from the ideation through development and release. We are looking for great and motivated people who want to work in a small and growing company and make a difference. This role requires product and project management skills as well as experience in process management. Most communication with the development team will be in the office and virtual, but customer and field-based visits and travel will also be required at times.
If you have prior experience in product management or a BPM CoE and a desire to expand your career, we want to hear from you.
For those who accept this challenge and opportunity, the experience of working at iGrafx will offer the following:
- Work for the market leader in business process management and digital transformation software with unlimited earning potential
- Work in a small business where you can make a difference every day
- Work alongside the executive team to learn the business and get exposure to running a software company
- We “say no to politics” at iGrafx
- We have core values and we live by them
- Selling to the world’s best logos and brands (banks, insurance, telecom, healthcare, etc.)
- Fast-paced environment growing recurring revenues 20%+ CAGR
- Large customer base with existing and new logo potential
- Selling to customers with outstanding satisfaction ratings (NPS)
- Global enterprise software company with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Work with highly engaged teammates with centuries of expertise in helping customers solve complex business problems
- Be part of a team collectively working towards the common goal of creating shareholder value
- We’re in Austin, Portland and Munich. Who doesn’t want to work at and visit these cities?
- Discover and manage the scope of product initiatives, involving various business stakeholders to define and prioritize the backlog and communicate the progress during the implementation.
- Actively manage requirements and expectations through each software release cycle focusing on the product vision.
- Lead grooming activities within an agile team, specifically defining and writing user stories, acceptance criteria, clarify requirements and making timely decisions on execution details.
- Frequently re-prioritize backlogs based on stakeholder feedback, market changes, business priority and available resources.
- Work closely with UX/UI Design, Developers, QA and other Product Managers.
- Train internal stakeholders i.e. professional services and sales teams on new releases.
- Own and support product initiatives from the idea to rollout.
- Establish success criteria for key product features using meaningful metrics.
- Wear many hats to get the job done in an agile, fast-paced and constantly changing environment
The ideal candidate should be an intelligent, motivated, and accomplished professional who has a track record of managing B2B/Enterprise software products or proven process center of excellence experience:
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile software development team.
3+ years of experience working in a Center of Excellence (CoE) for risk, compliance, six-sigma, digital business transformation or business process management.
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, networking and technical skills that can be used when applying to various scenarios and competing priorities
- Killer communication skills, limitless spirit, well organized, highly self-motivated, be a clear communicator no matter the circumstances and a desire to be part of a great team in an international organization.
- A desire to work in an environment where priorities change as we learn.
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to ensure success.
- You are a team player who contributes, learns, and shares new knowledge and ideas
The ideal candidate possesses the highest levels of business acumen and possess the skills required to lead:
- Own the Product Initiative: conducting user research to understand who the customers are, how they want to consume enterprise software solutions and what matters to the critical personas; conducting analysis to determine how to make our users more effective and successful.
- Quick Learner: Acquire and review large amount of verbal and written information quickly, extract the important parts and transform them into actionable product requirement.
- Conceptual Ability: Thinking in abstract concepts; requiring comprehensive list of instructions to take action; applying concepts; developing new ideas from skeleton concepts; conceptualizing problems and possibilities; producing solutions from vague ideas
- Agile Practitioner: Embrace change, adjust plans to new learnings and priorities. Navigate easily through the agile toolsets and roles.
- Drive for Results: Relentless in the pursuit of key strategic goals, does not lose focus and is not easily distracted from core mission and shows a consistent pattern of positive results
- Empower: Help the product development team to build a comprehensive understanding of the feature’s value propositions. Help executives to understand the customer and user needs.
- Creativity: Innovate new ways of doing things and drive them to commercial success.
- Judgement/Decision Making: Thinking and decision-making while under time or emotional pressure; weighing conflicting goals of company and customer; exploring multiple possible outcomes for a key decision; assessing risk, return, and likelihood of events; peer reputation inside the company for judgment
- Execution: Work with product marketing to ensure new products launch on time and the organization is “ready”. Make it known what’s coming, before the code is there.
- Motivation: Exceptional entrepreneurial spirit, enjoying a dynamic and growing work environment, and thriving in working with people to provide world-class business process management solutions.
- B2B – Enterprise Oriented: Be able to work in a feature rich application designed for mid- to large-sized enterprises. Communicate with customers appropriately and be able to show interest in the problems we’re solving for them.
- Tenacity: Stick to a plan; don’t be distracted by noise and friction; establish a reputation for being tenacious; think creatively to avoid obstacles; overcome adversity; manage goals relentlessly.
- Fail Fast: Adjust the plan if needed and be able to let go of ideas where necessary. Accept that decisions not to do something are equally as important as decisions to do something. New learnings may push over previous assumptions and plans.
How did iGrafx get to be an industry-leading provider of the most powerful suite of business process management and improvement solutions in the market?
In the beginning (circa 1991), Ken Carraher and Ed Maddock launched a start-up, AdvanEdge Technologies. Right out of Ken’s very own dining room, they worked together focusing on advanced process management solutions. Good friends with great ideas, Ken and Ed weren’t shy about expressing their opinions with each other (or anyone else within shouting distance) and digging in their heels for what they deemed crucial to turning out best-in-class products. Usually coming to the same conclusion, the result of such discussions lead to notable advancements in the BPM space, such as Optima!, the world’s first interactive graphical business process simulation tool.
Things were cooking now – fresh on the heels of an office expansion into the living room, a company called Micrografx came knocking with a lot to offer: A nifty, hot selling diagramming tool called FlowCharter, some knowledgeable folks with great experience in the space, and a sheer force in the marketplace, Armin Trautner, that could help spread the vision around the world.
Fast forward to 1999 and the iGrafx brand was born. Blending the great technology from Optima! with FlowCharter, the team produced the cutting-edge modeling product iGrafx FlowCharter and the next generation of process analysis and improvement, iGrafx Process.
A couple of mergers and a corporate spin-out later, the iGrafx team with their partners Lone Rock Technology Group are in the best position ever to help businesses by giving them the tools necessary to enable broad business process improvement initiatives and effective business process management capabilities within their organization.
Throughout our comprehensive suite of products and service offerings today that the iGrafx team hasn’t changed. We care about what we do, and continue to have a great passion for delivering the very best to our customers, helping them on their way to achieving process excellence.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com