Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
Our growing business is hiring a Regional Sales Manager to increase sales in our North American Sales Organization. We are looking for great and motivated sales people who want to work in a small and growing company and make a difference. This is a modern sales role where inside and virtual selling will be the primary means of growth, but customer and field-based visits and travel will also be required at times.
If you have prior experience in sales and a desire to expand your career, we want to hear from you.
For those who accept this challenge and opportunity, the experience of working at iGrafx will offer the following:
- Work for the market leader in business process management and digital transformation software with unlimited earning potential
- Work in a small business where you can make a difference every day
- Work alongside the executive team to learn the business and get exposure to running a software company
- We “say no to politics” at iGrafx
- We have core values and we live by them
- Selling to the world’s best logos and brands (banks, insurance, telecom, healthcare, etc.)
- Fast-paced environment growing recurring revenues 20%+ CAGR
- Large customer base with existing and new logo potential
- Selling to customers with outstanding satisfaction ratings (NPS)
- Global enterprise software company with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- For those looking to advance, iGrafx has an internal leadership academy for individual development
- Work with highly engaged teammates with over 4 centuries of expertise in helping customers solve complex business problems
- Be part of a team collectively working towards the common goal of creating shareholder value
- We’re in Austin, Portland and Munich. Who doesn’t want to work and visit these cities?
- Sell to and grow your assigned accounts. It’s a sales job, after all!
- Generate demand within the prospect and customer base via modern prospecting methods
- Articulate the iGrafx value proposition to customers
- Develop territory and strategic account plans for top accounts
- Work with key buyer personas and decision makers to land and expand accounts
- Develop methods to grow accounts by partnering with Marketing leadership on the formation and implementation of successful marketing strategies
- Connect customer’s business objectives with iGrafx’s offerings and solutions
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to the company’s NPS score
- Manage key customer relationships, implement strategies for increasing CLTV and participate in strategic closing activities
- Identify and attend relevant industry events to increase awareness and penetration
The ideal candidate should be an intelligent, motivated, and accomplished sales professional who has a track record of selling enterprise software in a complex selling environment:
- 3+ years of experience in a comparable sales position, preferably in the software industry
- Experience working with enterprise buyers in areas of risk, compliance, six-sigma, centers of excellence, digital business transformation and business process management
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, networking and technical skills that can be used when applying to various sales scenarios and competing priorities
- Outstanding knowledge and successful use of proven sales methodologies and sales processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, have initiative and desire to be part of a great team in an international organization
- Willing to travel ~25-30%
- You are a team player who contributes, learns, and shares new knowledge and ideas
The ideal candidate possesses the highest levels of business acumen and possess the skills required to lead:
- Complex Sales Approach: Handling different sales scenarios; setting agenda; using call plans; following sales process guidance and tool usage; adopting best practices; serving as a sales role model to others; thought-leading and successful customer acquisition
- Drive for Results: Relentless in the pursuit of key strategic goals, does not lose focus and is not easily distracted from core mission and shows a consistent pattern of positive results
- Closing Ability: Winning sales campaigns after they have progressed past needs development; closing late stage deals; developing reasons for prospects to act; overcoming late stage deal obstacles; winning confidence and support of late stage new entrants to the sales campaign; experiencing late stage delay
- Negotiating: Demonstrating use of give-get tactics; developing innovative win-win solutions to deal-killing challenges; demonstrating best practices to uncover company-viable solution options from the client’s view; guiding customers in viewing a situation from more than their own parochial interest; developing solutions that leave all parties with a sense of deal satisfaction; building trust through multiple communication methods; dealing with and managing negotiations independently
- Judgement/Decision Making: Thinking and decision-making while under time or emotional pressure; weighing conflicting goals of company and customer; exploring multiple possible outcomes for a key decision; assessing risk, return, and likelihood of events; peer reputation inside the company for judgment
- Conceptual Ability: Thinking in abstract concepts; requiring comprehensive list of instructions to take action; applying concepts; developing new ideas from skeleton concepts; conceptualizing problems and possibilities; producing solutions from vague ideas
- Strategic Skills: Able to articulate company value proposition and link solutions to the customer strategy while building consensus through complex buying decision team dynamics
- Creativity: Innovate new ways of doing things and drive them to commercial success.
- Resourcefulness: Demonstrating resourcefulness when faced with challenges that defy easy solution; utilizing internal and external resources to advance sales campaigns when faced with objections; leveraging customer champions to address challenges; cobbling together customer-centric solutions when company approaches fall short; finding unique ‘sources of supply’ for projects, sales campaigns, and other efforts
- Social Reach: Establishing a strong virtual network of peers, customers, and executive buyers; Can build and connect with Personas through virtual messaging, relies on strong network to generate new logo, upsell, and cross-sell opportunities, leverages relationships to build connections in difficult to penetrate accounts.
If this looks like the role for you, please forward along your resume and expected earnings to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About iGrafxHow did iGrafx get to be an industry-leading provider of the most powerful suite of business process management and improvement solutions in the market?
In the beginning (circa 1991), Ken Carraher and Ed Maddock launched a start-up, AdvanEdge Technologies. Right out of Ken’s very own dining room, they worked together focusing on advanced process management solutions. Good friends with great ideas, Ken and Ed weren’t shy about expressing their opinions with each other (or anyone else within shouting distance) and digging in their heels for what they deemed crucial to turning out best-in-class products. Usually coming to the same conclusion, the result of such discussions lead to notable advancements in the BPM space, such as Optima!, the world’s first interactive graphical business process simulation tool.
Things were cooking now - fresh on the heels of an office expansion into the living room, a company called Micrografx came knocking with a lot to offer: A nifty, hot selling diagramming tool called FlowCharter, some knowledgeable folks with great experience in the space, and a sheer force in the marketplace, Armin Trautner, that could help spread the vision around the world.
Fast forward to 1999 and the iGrafx brand was born. Blending the great technology from Optima! with FlowCharter, the team produced the cutting-edge modeling product iGrafx FlowCharter and the next generation of process analysis and improvement, iGrafx Process.
A couple of mergers and a corporate spin-out later, the iGrafx team with their partners Lone Rock Technology Group are in the best position ever to help businesses by giving them the tools necessary to enable broad business process improvement initiatives and effective business process management capabilities within their organization.
Throughout our comprehensive suite of products and service offerings today that the iGrafx team hasn’t changed. We care about what we do, and continue to have a great passion for delivering the very best to our customers, helping them on their way to achieving process excellence.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: