Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (“BDR”) will focus on qualifying inbound leads, prospecting to develop new opportunities and servicing transactional inside sales opportunities. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of North American Sales.
Our Core Values
At iGrafx, we believe in our people and what they represent. To that end, we are looking for like-minded individuals on a mission greater than bottom line results. We want people who are interested in making a difference in a small and growing organization.
If our core values resonate with you, this might just be the place for you.
The role of the Business Development Representative will include:
- Qualify inbound marketing generated leads using a defined process
- Nurture leads until they are sales ready
- Prospect into targeted accounts to generate new demand
- Qualify and close smaller transactional opportunities
- Provide reporting and feedback on activities
What makes a great Business Development Representative at iGrafx?
- Communication Skills: You can articulate the strong value proposition of iGrafx effectively
- Problem Solving: You can problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet
- Business Acumen: You can “speak the language” and build credibility quickly with new business contacts
- Executive Presence: Ability to communicate at an executive level; you can build relationships at the key buyer and influencer persona levels
- Clock Speed: You learn new concepts very quickly
- Internal Drive: Willingness to evolve on your own, in addition to the coaching and training provided by iGrafx
- Time Management: You can handle multiple challenging tasks at once. Completing tasks with high quality and on time
- Resource-savvy: You creatively problem solve; you seek out and identify the proper resources internally and externally to achieve the right results
- Competitive Drive: You have the desire to “do what it takes” to win; You show instead of tell when it comes to your actions; you want to win
- Execution: You get results; you do what you say you will do
- Natural Curiosity: You want to understand things; how they work; why they work; how they can improve
- Growing organization with increasing needs for extraordinary talent
- Potential to move into inside or field sales
- Exposure to peer functional leaders as well as exec team members
- Opportunity to solve complex problems with major cost and growth implications for the organization
Why consider this role?
- Work in a small business where you can make a difference every day
- Global enterprise software company with customers in N. America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Work with the world’s best logos and brands (banks, insurance, telecom, healthcare, etc.)
- Private equity-backed organization
- We “say no to politics” at iGrafx
- We have core values and we live by them
- Work with highly engaged teammates with over 4 centuries of expertise in helping customers solve complex business problems
- Be part of a team collectively working towards the common goal of creating shareholder value
- We’re in Austin, Portland and Munich. Who doesn’t want to work and visit these cities?
About iGrafxHow did iGrafx get to be an industry-leading provider of the most powerful suite of business process management and improvement solutions in the market?
In the beginning (circa 1991), Ken Carraher and Ed Maddock launched a start-up, AdvanEdge Technologies. Right out of Ken’s very own dining room, they worked together focusing on advanced process management solutions. Good friends with great ideas, Ken and Ed weren’t shy about expressing their opinions with each other (or anyone else within shouting distance) and digging in their heels for what they deemed crucial to turning out best-in-class products. Usually coming to the same conclusion, the result of such discussions lead to notable advancements in the BPM space, such as Optima!, the world’s first interactive graphical business process simulation tool.
Things were cooking now - fresh on the heels of an office expansion into the living room, a company called Micrografx came knocking with a lot to offer: A nifty, hot selling diagramming tool called FlowCharter, some knowledgeable folks with great experience in the space, and a sheer force in the marketplace, Armin Trautner, that could help spread the vision around the world.
Fast forward to 1999 and the iGrafx brand was born. Blending the great technology from Optima! with FlowCharter, the team produced the cutting-edge modeling product iGrafx FlowCharter and the next generation of process analysis and improvement, iGrafx Process.
A couple of mergers and a corporate spin-out later, the iGrafx team with their partners Lone Rock Technology Group are in the best position ever to help businesses by giving them the tools necessary to enable broad business process improvement initiatives and effective business process management capabilities within their organization.
Throughout our comprehensive suite of products and service offerings today that the iGrafx team hasn’t changed. We care about what we do, and continue to have a great passion for delivering the very best to our customers, helping them on their way to achieving process excellence.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: