iGrafx Business Continuity Helps Enterprises Adapt to New Normal
We are living in times of great turbulence and many enterprises are executing business continuity plans (BCP) for the very first time. But too often these plans are missing the mark. Either they’re too focused on IT, out of date, not shared broadly enough or are not linked to all the affected processes and outcomes; essentially they are not designed to buoy business long enough to sustain long disruptions like we’re experiencing now. This is why we are excited to announce the launch of our newest solution, iGrafx Business Continuity & Resiliency, which will help organizations jumpstart the identification and modeling of critical business processes to support resiliency initiatives.
The comprehensive offering allows our team to work with organizations in three stages of business continuity and resiliency readiness. These stages include:
- Complete a business impact analysis to gather data and identify critical processes and related information.
- Enter the objects and relationships in iGrafx.
- Use the Identify stage reports delivered with this solution to help identify gaps and ensure relatively complete object creation with direct relationships.
- Identify issues in the data, including Single Source (single point-of-failure) issue and gaps that exist with “indirect” relationships.
- Manage and govern the content, ensuring that it is complete and maintained, so that you are ready for a BCR event.
- Identify backups for impacted processes and resources
- Ensure the proper resources have access to needed documentation
- Understand ‘higher order’ or future impacts like what changing regulations due to the event will mean.
Charles Araujo, Principal at Intellyx, best explains our current situation when he said “today business continuity and resiliency demands that organizations be able to sustain through an acute period of disruption, and then pivot to adapt to whatever ‘new normal’ lies on the other side of it. Enterprise leaders are now coming to terms with the fact that we are now in a period of continuous disruption and need to adjust accordingly.” And with iGrafx’s newest offering businesses can ensure resiliency and develop successful business continuity plans.